Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Big Day!

Today was a big day in our house! Little Leighton Layne started back to preschool. This year she is going three days a week and we couldn't be more excited. She missed the first week since we were at the beach so I guess this is technically the fourth day of school but it's HER first!

She was a little nervous and said her belly was hurting (I think she had butterflies in her stomach, bless her heart) and when we got outside to take a picture she said she needed a jacket! She did manage to give me a little smile :)


She got a little less timid and seemed more excited when it was time to head out the door. I think her favorite backpack had something to do with it :) How grown up does she look?


My sweet little girl is quite the mama's girl these days. She must have said 20 times on the way to school, "I'm really gonna miss you all day at dat school" it was adorable and heartbreaking at the same time :) I decided to just drop her off in carpool versus walking her in and risking a sad goodbye. She hopped right out of the car and walked into school like it was no big deal. My heart skipped a beat as I watched her walk inside like such a big girl.

When I picked her up her teacher walked her out and said she had a wonderful first day and acted like she had been there all last week. I was so happy for my big girl. She is excited to go back on Thursday and told me all about her day and her new friends. She really acted like she loved it which makes me so happy! We stopped to get her a celebratory ice cream cone on the way home. Her favorite :)

It's days like today where I am SO SO SO thankful to be a stay at home mom. I loved sharing my big girl's big day with her. She is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment