Friday, November 11, 2011

One of those posts :)

Random time again. I feel like there are a bunch of jumbled posts in my head but none of them are worthy or exciting enough for an entire post dedication. Sooo, cheers to what this lazy blogger I do best...

-My washer broke over the weekend so we went out and bought a new washer & matching dryer. At the time I was incredibly sad and annoyed (because seriously who wants to shell out a couple thousand dollars on new appliances) but since they arrived Tuesday I have fallen in love. They hold SO much laundry and the dryer is awesome. I have literally washed all the bedding in my house and about 10 loads. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME. Aren't they cute?


-I had to google "how to get rid of smelly drain" the other day and before I typed in 'drain' google came up with some very disturbing last words to try and fill in. I'll leave it at that. Turns out baking soda and vinegar really does the trick for a smelly kitchen sink drain.

-We moved Leighton to her toddler bed last week. She has been doing amazing with potty training and I just felt like it was time to move her out of the crib. The transition was super smooth. She did wake up extra early (around 7am) the first two mornings but now seems to be back to her normal sleep schedule (about 8:30am). It is so cute when she tiptoes into our bedroom and says, "Mommy, Daddy, show???!"


-I opened my bedroom door Tuesday to find a MOUSE dart across my floor. It was like he had his ear up to the door listening to what we were doing in the playroom. I died. No really, I almost did. I ran out of the room and slammed the door behind me. But then I freaked out because Amos was locked in there with the mouse and what if the mouse bit AMOS and gave him a mouse disease. So I womaned-up and went and got a flashlight to try and find the little guy but I couldn't. He was nowhere in sight which led me to obsess over his whereabouts ALL DAY LONG. Toby set a trap that night and I am sad to report that two mice have gone to mice heaven. R.I.P.

-I really like DWTS this season. I can't help but yell "Go Ricki, Go Ricki" when Ricki Lake is dancing. When I was 13 my best friend and I wrote a letter to Ricki asking her to set me up with Devon Sawa, my all time teenage heart throb. I was convinced she could help me meet him and we would fall in love and live happily ever after and I could replace the posters I had of him from Tiger Beat with REAL pictures of us together. The letter started out, "HEY RICKI, have I got a mission for you..." But, it didn't work. The show never called :( I guess my opening line wasn't as catchy as I thought! Come to think about it why AM I cheering for her? I truly want JR to win...All My Children for life!

-Leighton has started asking "Why" after I tell her ANYTHING. AT first it was so adorable but now it's a little ridiculous. She is a total character.

-Toby and I were mimes for a Halloween Party and Leighton was terrified! She hid under a blanket when we came downstairs to leave and refused to look at us.


Since then, however, she has become a little obsessed with the "painted face people." She constantly wants to look at this picture and likes to go in our closet and look at the "painted face man's coooooooat."


-My weight is almost completely back to my pre-pregnancy weight but my clothes still do not fit :( Having two kids in two years really changes your body and not in a good way! I think I am going to have to *gulp* start working out. I am the weakest person alive and HATE working out. If there was a stronger word for "hate" that would be more appropriate. I'm a weakling. Good thing these two were SO worth it :)



-Finally, I have a little prayer request on my mind. So if you could say a prayer for my special person I would appreciate it. Especially this afternoon. I know you don't know the name or situation but God does and that's enough :)

As I always feel when Toby has a weekend off...TGIF! This family of four is headed to Toby's hometown for what else...a wedding :) Oh how I love weddings! Especially when they are for great friends like Scottie!!

1 comment: