Saturday, June 9, 2012

TEN months

Double digits! Oh MY!.


Measurements:
Height: 29.5 inches (90th percentile)
Weight: 23.5 lbs (95th percentile)

Eating
She's starting to lose a lot of interest in her bottles. It's a struggle to get her to finish every bottle except her bedtime one. She averages about 20 ounces a day; four ounces when she wakes up, four ounces after her morning nap, four ounces after her afternoon nap and a full 8 ounces at bedtime. We always offer her bottle before any food. Somedays she will gobble it all up and on others she swats it out of your hand as if to say, "Eww Mama." I talked to her doctor about her loss of interest and he said the minimum daily amount is 16 ounces so as long as she is taking that much not to worry. Plus he stated the obvious, she doesn't seem to be failing to thrive ;) All 23.5 pounds of chub love :)



She still loves baby food especially the stage 2 fruits. She generally gets 2-3 jars of food a day (fruits and veggies), yogurt and her favorite...cheese! She also has a love for mandarin oranges and would eat a whole jar if I would let her :) She eats bites of our meals; chicken, hamburger, pasta, rice, potatoes, etc and seems to like it all. She had graham crackers for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it is definitely her new favorite snack! As long as I have them in my diaper bag I can shop all day long (kidding...kind of). She also snacks on Mum Mums, cheerios, fig newtons (eww, I know), saltines and puffs.



Sleeping
I swear she gets excited for bedtime! After we rock her and feed her the bedtime bottle we lay her down and she just grins up at us and watches us walk out of the room. Love HER HEART! I have started to let her sleep with a receiving blanket (calling all paranoid mamas...) and she holds it and cuddles on it all night. I usually go in and cover her up before I got to bed but sometimes she stays covered all on her own.



She sleeps 7:30 pm to 8:00 am with a long morning nap and a shorter afternoon one. When I go to get her in the morning she is always standing in her crib with that sweet little grin. When I pick her up she always nuzzles her little cheek on my shoulder and it is the BEST greeting in the morning!

Temperament
Gracen has the sweetest soul. She grins and laughs and is just an overall happy girl. She has been quite attached to me since I left her a couple weekends ago for the bachelorette trip and likes to be held and cuddled all day long. She's my little accessory :) A bit heavy though haha.



She can be really independent when she wants to. She loves to play in our playroom and stand at her little kitchen and cook. She's been standing up on her shopping cart and stroller and taking a few steps at a time. She walks all around the furniture and will let go and stand on her own for a few seconds at a time. I don't see her walking for at least another month (could totally be wrong though). She crawls SO fast and can pretty much go or get anywhere she wants. I don't think walking has crossed her mind yet but I'm sure when it does she will have it mastered in no time :)



When I run upstairs to grab something I always find her standing at the bottom of the stairs and yelling, 'Da...Da...Da????" when I come back down. She can crawl up the stairs but I usually have them blocked off during the day. She is so busy that chasing her up and down the stairs is something I have no interest in. I can say her busyness has helped me lose the baby weight. Just more proof Gracen is truly the sweetest baby and always looking out for her Mama ;)

Details
She has six teeth. Four on top and two on the bottom. She pretty much got all four top ones within a week of each other. Poor baby. She is definitely a teether. With Leighton we would just wake up one morning and find her with a new tooth but not our Gracen girl. She is so pitiful and sad when she is cutting them. She loves to be held and cuddled. She loves to play on the floor with her toys but if she is in a grouchy mood she will insist you sit beside her while she plays :) Like I've always said, if Gracen wants something she isn't afraid to let it be known...and get it!



She babbles and yells and screaches and is just overall a really vocal baby. The other day she and Leighton were yelling, "dada" back and forth and cracking each other up. She thinks Leighton is the absolute funniest person alive. She has also started pretending to talk on the phone. She will put a toy, book, phone, etc up to her ear and start babbling away. It is so cute. I remember Leighton doing the same thing around this age. She can also play patty cake and will clap when she sees other people clapping (especially on tv haha). She has no interest in TV. I've tried putting on the Baby Praise and Baby Einstein DVDs but she has absolutely no interest. Too bad since we have the FULL collection of Baby Einstein haha.



She truly never stops moving and more recently she has learned that she can take toys with her from room to room. Sometimes she carries them in her mouth like a puppy, sometimes she rolls them along and other times she just pushes them until she gets to where she wants to be. She has moved from crawling to what we call a bear crawl (crawls with her hands but walks with her feet). I think it's because she is usually wearing an outfit that isn't conducive to crawling (mostly dresses). No matter the circumstance she always finds a way to keep moving. She is very resourceful :)



She has taught herself how to get up and down from chairs and thinks she is big stuff. Leighton has this little rocker we brought downstairs for Gracen to sit in and she loves to climb up and down. She'll sit for a minute and then decide to do something else, then she comes back. Such a busy little thing.



Sister Stats
Gracen is such a different baby than Leighton was. Leighton was so serious and Gracen is so smiley. Leighton was always wary of strangers and while Gracen doesn't like to be held by people she doesn't know she does like to watch them and laugh and smile. She will smile at strangers in public and babble at people.



Here are Leighton's TEN months measurements:
Height: 28.5 inches (75th percentile)
Weight: 21.8 lbs (90th percentile)

The girls are still the best of friends. They love to be around each other. Leighton doesn't like for her "sissy" to go to bed at night or take naps. She doesn't understand why they can't both have the same schedule. In the morning when Gracen sees her for the first time she lights up with joy. I wouldn't be surprised if her first "real" word was "Lei" or "Sis." I pray this love continues for their lifetime. It truly brings me a lot of joy to see them together.


I can't believe my baby is another month older. The months seem like weeks even days and time keeps moving so fast. I'm treasuring this age so much because I know it won't be long before she is toddling away. This age is so fun and I am loving every second.

No comments:

Post a Comment