Happy New Year :) I'm only 20+ days late, oh well, better late than never! So far our 2014 has been pretty low key. Lei has had several snow days because of cold weather and some snow so we are all a little stir crazy around here!
2014 also met me with a swarm of migraine headaches that just won't.go.away. Here's to hoping my newest drug combo will start to give me some relief. Migraines are no joke & migraines with two little ones to keep alive are really rough :)
This year was off to a great start with Gray and her potty training. We even went a few days with no diapers! Hooray! But, the sicker I got, the more potty training had to take a back seat :( Still, I think we are close and that's kind of exciting. She's such a sweet girl.
The freezing temps have kept us mostly indoors. There's been lots of movie days, coloring, candyland and lots & lots of itouch & iPad playing. Hey, desperate times call for desperate measures!
This week we got several inches of snow and after much begging & pleading from the girls, I finally gave in and let them go out in it. It was freezing so they didn't last long but they loved it!
Of course the second we get outside Gracen has to cover herself in snow. My wild child. She thought it was SO fun. Leighton found her frozen soccer ball buried under the snow and ran around with it. I think she's ready for soccer season! I'm definitely ready for spring! Good rid-dens old man winter ;)
What snow day would be complete without snow angels?!! :) I LOVE the smile on Gracen's face. Pure (freezing) joy!
We came inside to warm up with a bowl of SNOW! Lol the girls were begging to eat some so I scooped up some (very clean and untouched lol) into a bowl and gave it to them. You all they thought it was the BEST treat ever. Plain snow! They were silent the entire time they ate and Lei even yelled out "You're the best Mommy ever!!!" A little plain snow goes a long way haha. After the cold treat we had some hot cocoa and called it a day. Love making my girls happy, especially when they are easily pleased :)
Happy 2014 everyone!




No comments:
Post a Comment