Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Looking back on our Snow Week

Well our little family was completely snowed in last week for SEVEN DAYS.  Seven straight days of staying inside where it was warm and trying to entertain ourselves.  Daddy still had to go to work every single day so we had a  lot of time to kill.  You would think those seven days gave me plenty of time to clean my house from top to bottom...you would be wrong BUT we did create some memories.

The first round of snow brought about 6 inches and the girls could not wait to get out in it and play.




They begged me to get out this little sled we had in our garage so I did and they had so much fun with it.  The snow was thick and they both had the hardest time pulling each other.  It was hilarious.



I caught this sweet moment between the two of them where they were just giggling with each other and having so much fun.  Having a sister is a special gift and I am so glad my girls have each other.


Most of the week met us with freezing (and below freezing) temps and just nasty sleet and ice.  We stayed inside watching movies, playing games, building forts, making cookies & snow cream, drinking hot chocolate and anything else we could think of to do (sadly I seemed to forget about cleaning again lol).  The girls got along so well and played so good.  It made me think back to when they were a baby and two years and the long days when I was tired and changing diapers nonstop and truly wondering when it was going to get easier.  All those moments have paid off ten times and then some.  Love these girls and the bond they have.

By the weekend the temps had gone up a little and we let the girls go back out and even took the little man out to see his first big snow.  He was adorably serious (a rare thing for our smiley guy).




The girls were happy to see their little bro out in the snow.  They are truly the guy's biggest fans.  I'm pretty sure Hayes isn't going to be lacking in the self esteem category growing up around these two girls who think and tell him that he is the coolest, smartest, cutest baby boy EVER.  Because they seriously tell him on a daily basis :)




Mommy and Daddy agree too :)  We sure our smitten with this baby finale (maybe).



After Hayes went in the girls got down to snow business and had a snow ball fight haha.  When they wore themselves out they came inside and requested some more hot chocolate.  It was a fun farewell day to the snow!  Hopefully the snow days are behind us now (oh please, please, please!!!!)





I sure am thankful for my three little babes.  No one else on the planet I'd rather be snowed in with...






No comments:

Post a Comment