No surprise here, he's still a big guy :)
Measurements:
Height: 27.5 inches (75th percentile)
Weight: 20 lbs 8oz (90th percentile)
Eating:
Still exclusively nursing (well...for now). He likes to nurse when he wakes up at (5 am), again when he gets up for the day at (8am), after his morning nap (11 am), before his afternoon nap (2pm) and after his afternoon nap (4pm). He takes a bottle of pumped milk (6-7 ounces) at bedtime (7:30pm).
He also gets three full jars of baby food a day in between nursing. Bananas mixed with oatmeal for breakfast, a fruit or veggie for lunch & a fruit or veggie for dinner. He LOVES baby food. He has also tried bits of cheese, turkey, green beans and potatoes. He turned nothing away hehe.
Holding his attention during his feedings in the daytime is harder now. There's just too much to look at :) That and the fact that he has SEVEN teeth already have made nursing a little difficult the past couple of weeks. Baby teeth hurt! I'll just leave it at that. The past couple of days I have been pumping and feeding bottles but if you look at his schedule above you can see that it feels like I am pumping around the clock. Since he eats smaller amounts through the day that's how he likes his bottles too lol. SO, I am not sure how long this will keep up.
I have been pumping before bed for a few months (his bedtime bottle for the next night) so I know I can keep that up but all the pumping during the day I just don't know about. Right now I plan to keep nursing in the early morning because he is calm and relaxed then and hungry haha (makes for a happy nursing session). So, I am just going to see how the next month plays out. If we are finished nursing I am ok with that (my personal goal was exclusively for 6 months and I made it 7 so there's that I guess) and if I figure out this pumping thing (without losing my mind) I'm good with that too. My main thing is I want to enjoy my baby and not stress about what he's drinking. Nursing was always so easy for us and that's why it worked so well. Ok I am rambling...
Bottom line...Hayes loves (and lives) for food...any kind :) So thankful for my big, healthy guy!
Sleeping:
Hayes goes to bed each night between 7 and 7:30 pm. His bedtime routine is the same every single night...dinner, bath, bottle and then into his crib (sound machine on & covered in his muslin blanket). He usually sleeps through until 5 am. He's had a few nights recently where he wakes up either at midnight OR at 3am and likes a little cuddle and sometimes a snack lol.
He takes on average two naps a day for two hours each; morning & afternoon. He likes to nap in his crib (and pretty much ONLY in his crib). If we are home and it's nap time he can get a little grumpy but if we are out and about he is fine. He is such an easy baby to take out in public (hoping this always keeps up!).
He's pretty much outgrown his beloved lamb swing and I can't even remember the last time he napped in it. I can NOT believe this may be the last time I will ever use the swing that got me through ALL three of my babies. That swing has truly been a God send. I really don't know what I would've done with out that thing. Seriously, we will have to have a retirement party for it or something!
Personality:
Smiley, happy, sweet, sensitive, observant, LOUD, squealy, giggly, lovable...I could go on and on and on! He is just the best baby. He is still such a vocal baby. He babbles all day long. Especially when sleepy (we say he's singing). He says "Dada" and "Baba." He also likes to throw in an "Ah". Loves playing in his exersaucer or sitting in the floor with his toys. He loves watching the girls (especially when they are acting rowdy haha) and they love putting on a show for him. Constant entertainment those two :)
He is ALL about trying to crawl. He can get into the crawling position but then usually gets stuck there which makes him mad haha. He can push himself fully off the ground and it looks like he's doing a pushup lol. He is so strong! He is scared of the vacuum cleaner and likes to be held while I vacuum. He doesn't like it when the girls yell and will burst into tears if something startles him. Such a sensitive man!
Details:
He wears size 5 diapers, size 3 shoes and 12 months in clothes. He loves to hold his own bottle (insists really) and cuddles with his blanket at night. His favorite toys are his Haba beads, sensory balls and any toy (or thing really) that makes a crinkly noise lol. He loves playing peek a boo and has started belly laughing when he thinks something is funny. I love to make him laugh!
He is in a Mama phase which I totally love and is happiest being held or when I sit beside him on the floor while he plays. He does NOT like being where he can't see someone...a social guy. Every night when we lay him in bed he folds his hands behind his head and goes to sleep. Every. Single. Night. It's his signature sleep pose :)
He has SEVEN teeth. Four on top and three on the bottom. His little cheeks get so red at night (right when we took these pics aww) but I'm hoping now that he seems to have a break from teething they will stop. His hair is growing longer on top but he's still pretty bald in the back haha (thanks to back sleeping). He is all about rolling right now. He has been able to roll over for months and hast really been into it. Lately he has realized he can get to things he wants by rolling to them. It's hilarious.
Siblings:
The girls are still smitten with baby brother. Happy to help with him in any way. They love to play with him, dance for him, sing for him, pick out his clothes, love on him, the list could go on and on! This little boy is quite babied by his big sisters!
Sibling Stats:
Hayes is the tallest but he tied Gracen for weight lol!
Here are Gracen's Measurements from 7 months:
Height: 27 inches (75th percentile)
Weight: 20.8 lbs (95th percentile)
And Leighton's Measurements:
Height: 26 inches (50th percentile)
Weight: 18.5 lbs (75th percentile)

And a picture of the Hayes man to compare :) You can definitely tell they are all siblings huh??
Month 7 with our Hayes man in one word...BUSY! The little guy has things to do! And we are all so excited to watch him explore the world. Our sweet baby finale (maybe hehe) sure makes life FUN!




No comments:
Post a Comment