Sunday, August 7, 2011

Our little Boss...

The title pretty much sums up our life with a two year old. Leighton is full of personality and it is quite clear at times who exactly is running our household. It amazes me daily how she can go from throwing an all out tantrum to sweetly giving hugs and kisses 30 seconds later. Are all girls so dramatic?! ;) She is strong-willed, animated, vocal and very very loving. This age, though trying at times, is pretty darn cute. I know life is about to get a little crazy around here so I wanted to take a second and document some of the cute and quirky things she is doing lately...

She pretty much loathes getting her picture taken. I'll ask for a picture and usually get an eye roll or just a strong "Nope..."
I'll be the first to admit that I probably request way TOO many pictures and don't really blame her for not wanting to "pose" on cue. I have found ways around this phase...telling her I want a picture of her "baby doll" or another toy and then zoom in on her face :)

She has an adorable personality. She thinks she is a comedian and loves to make us laugh.

She is quite bossy. Especially to Amos (she calls him "Amie"). She insists he follow her around and play with her. She goes around the house screaming for "Aaaaammmmmieeee" at least 20 times a day. He is pretty good with her, avoiding her at times when is tired, but mostly puts up with her antics :)
I think once she learns to be a little more gentle with Amie they will be the best of friends. He loves having a lap to cuddle on.

She loves it when her Daddy is home and isn't a fan of him going to work. She will wake up in the morning and ask for him "DaaDa?!" and if I say he is at work she sighs and throws her head back. I feel her pain, I wish he could stay home with us all the time too :)
She loves to visit him at work and bring him dinner. Anytime we pass the pharmacy he works at she yells out "Daada work!!!!" She has even started to recognize any pharmacy with the same name as his.
Daada does have a lot more energy than Mama these days. They love to wrestle, play hide and seek and just hang out like best buddies :) Totally a Daddy's girl in the making!

She loves Mama time too.
We paint our nails, read books, color and play with baby dolls. She likes to keep me company while I shower in the morning.

Speaking of painting nails, she had her first pedicure this weekend and LOVED it!
She picked out her color, "Puuurple" and sat so still while the lady painted her toes. It was pretty cute.
She definitely was proud of her toes and even let me take a picture after we finished :)
We had chinese for lunch and it was a fun way to spend the afternoon with our BIG girl!

In the past few weeks she has made a HUGE transition in the car. She no longer pulls at her clothes! I have to say I am amazed. I never thought this day would come. She loves to look out the window, and point out her favorite horses we drive by on a daily basis. She will call out colors and shapes she sees and just observes everything.
It probably helps that we let her bring pretty much anything she wants along for a car ride, lol.

She is obsessed with Bruno Mar's video, "The Lazy Song" and would watch it over and over again if we would let her. The video has monkeys in it which adds to the appeal but it is so funny how she is mesmerized when it is on!

It is hard for me to believe that my little baby is going to be the BIG sister in just a few days. It seems like just yesterday I was bringing her home from the hospital. Everyday with her is a new adventure. She has taught me many lessons on patience, laughter, innocence and LOVE. We sure do love our little Boss!

1 comment:

  1. This was the sweetest blog! I almost cried (which means a lot coming from me) Love you!!

    ReplyDelete