Monday, August 12, 2013

Gracen's Caillou Party!

Gracen is obsessed with Caillou so when it was time to decide on a theme for her family birthday party it was an obvious choice. Her shirt & bow are from Hope Embroidery & Gifts.


Since Caillou is a show about a little boy I was a little worried about how to make the theme girly. I decided to go with the color scheme blue, red and yellow polka dots. It was pretty cute and just what my baby wanted. Win...WIN!


I made the banner on red glitter cardstock and used yellow polka dot scrapbook paper for the letters. I added some blue tulle & yellow trim. That was about as girly as I could make it haha. I had blue and red linens left from Leighton's Spiderman party that matched and I put together a few red & yellow daisy arrangements. It's really easy to find decorations in blue, red & yellow so I attempted to make a pinterest-inspired canopy for over the table made of plastic tablecloths. It looked pretty cute but I didn't have enough tablecloths to go all the way around and was too lazy to go out and get more. Still, not bad for a first try. Can't beat cheap decor ;)


I found a pin with free Caillou printables on pinterest that I used for the cupcake toppers and water bottle labels. Yes, FREE! Sweet to a T did the Caillou cakepops. They were so adorable. Gracen was in love :)


For food we had veggies & dip, fruit & dip, chips & dip, pasta salad and firehouse subs. It was a finger food kind of day :)


Graeter's made her cake. It was white cake with blueberry ice cream. A favorite combo we stole from our friends TJ & Erika. They had the same cake at their rehearsal dinner and we have become obsessed. SO good.


Of course the present table was stacked. Our family sure loves to spoil our girl. It was fun to watch Gracen get excited about presents this year. She knew they were for her and she couldn't wait to open them!


Poppy got to the party early to put together her new slide. Gracen was in heaven and so happy to go flying down it over and over and over again.


I couldn't pull her away from the slide long enough to get a decent picture! Second birthday memories are all about the action shots lol.


Gracen started to get a little shy as her guests showed up. Sweet little homebody! She was super happy to see her cousins Kyle & Lyla!


After we filled her belly with lots of food it was present time :) She would tear open the paper in the smallest pieces and then when she made it to the actual present she would either a) open it up, notice it was a toy and say "WOW" or b)notice it was clothes & immediately toss it aside and grab another to open. She is ridiculous.


She got some really cute clothes for fall. Love having another little girl to play dress up with. She loved all of her toys she got and we have been busy playing with them all this week. Once the presents were gone it was time for cake! She was all smiles until we started to all sing to her...then the waterworks started and she was reaching for Daddy. Such a Daddy's girl.


I could tell she was getting really sleepy (hmm grumpy) and I scooped her up for some cuddle time. She took a catnap on my lap while I rocked her. She may be a wild woman and two but she is still my baby. Love her.


Lyla and Leighton had fun hanging out together as usual. My girls sure do love Lyla!


Once the birthday girl woke up she was decided it was time for more sliding! We let our dogs come downstairs for the rest of the party and Leighton was all about introducing our newest addition Luke to our bunch haha.


It was a great day spent with our amazing family who all love our girl so much. It is so hard for me to believe she is already two and I can't wait to see what this next year has in store. Love her heart so so so much!

Here's a few extra "outtakes" from our Caillou day :) Happy Birthday Gracen girl!








No comments:

Post a Comment