Monday, May 9, 2011

Blessed

I had a great Mother's Day weekend. We celebrated on Saturday since my husband had to work on Sunday (boo for working on weekends) and it.was.perfect. It started with me sleeping in until 9:30...ahh glorious sleep, followed by McDonald's breakfast (go get their frozen strawberry lemonade...immediately), flowers, gift cards to my favorite bakery and home store and lots and lots of Derby betting :) Toby knows the way to my heart and greeted me with a Derby racing form and my TVG account filled up for a full day of betting :) We bet all day long and still came up $8 on top ;) Not bad for a full day of entertainment!

On Sunday things were much less exciting but still special. What better way to spend Mother's Day than with your adorable toddler who constantly reminds you who is the real "Boss" :) She is perfect and I am so blessed to be her mama. I may never know what I did in my life to deserve such a sweet girl and to be carrying another but it is truly amazing and I am so thankful to God each and everyday.

How can your heart NOT melt when you see this face?


Her new favorite phrase is "one more" where she throws up one finger and begs for just that. I bet you can guess what she said after she finished her ice cream cone ;)


We can blame her funny Daddy for teaching her what that means. Now she says it after everything. "One more" book, babydoll, COOKIE, nightime prayer, episode of The Wiggles, drink of water...you get it :) I guess we will forgive Daddy though since he took extra special care to plant my Mother's Day flower!


So pretty, I sure hope it survives and no one runs over it with the lawn mower (that has happened with the tree we planted for Leighton...oops).

I'm busy this week getting ready for our upcoming trip! I'll give you one hint where we are headed...


Hoping she is a bigger fan of the sand this time :)

Hope everyone had a blessed Mother's Day weekend. No matter what your "mama" circumstance, I pray it was special for you. I know I owe so much to my special mama who taught me how to love my child unconditionally and is a wonderful role model to this day.



I don't know what I would do without her. I pray I can be half of the mama to my little girls that she was to me and my sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment