37 weeks today. I can not believe how incredibly fast this pregnancy has gone. I remember when I first saw those two pink lines in December and thinking how far away August was. Now, it's almost here. We scheduled an induction date for 39 weeks at my last appointment with the option to cancel if we didn't think I was "ready" by then. I'm sure I will feel ready but I want to make sure baby G is ready too. I was induced with Leighton at 38.5 weeks and had a great outcome so I am hoping this will be the case this time too. I guess we will see very soon!
Here is the official update!
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 37 Weeks
Size of baby: Watermelon (6.5 lbs, up tp 22 inches)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +27 lbs. The heat is killing me. I feel like a blimp walking around :)
Maternity Clothes: Pretty much staying in my PJ's unless I have to brave the heat and leave the house during the day lol. Still wearing my trusty shorts and gap tshirts. I am so stylish! Looking forward to shopping for new clothes post-baby!
Gender: GIRL!
Movement: It's official. She's out of room. It hurts pretty much every time she moves. Especially in my lower left. My doctor seems to think that is where her hand/arm/elbow is and OMG this girl loves to move.
What I miss: Feeling like a normal human being :) With the rising temps I have become so uncomfortable. It hurts to sit up, lay down, walk, everything lol. I also pulled something in my stomach getting out of bed too fast the other morning. It feels like a horrible strain and has lasted for two days now (thankfully getting better with each day). I suddenly can relate to all of you "work-out" people who do too many crunches (this has NEVER been me) but I have to think that carrying a watermelon in your stomach with the pulled muscles hurts a little worse :) Thankfully, I have felt pretty great until the last couple of weeks. I can do it a little longer!
Cravings: Ice cold milk. Icee's (blue and red mixed together).
Symptons: Pregnancy brain! I am slowly losing my mind. All of the following are things I have done the past few weeks...
-Paid for $140 worth of groceries and walked away with an empty cart. The cashier and people behind me just looked at me like I was crazy when I finally realized I forgot everything I had just bought.
-Made a grilled cheese for lunch and burnt it completely black because I sat down at the table and forgot what I was making.
-Took Leighton to get her 2 year old pictures and left her outfit and bow at the studio. Only realized when I got home (a good 30+ drive from the studio). Sigh.
-Reached the checkout line at Target only to realize I sat my phone down somewhere in the store. Took me twenty minutes to back track my shopping route and thankfully find it in the housewares aisle.
-Made it home from said Target trip and realized I forgot one of my bags (only had two) at the checkout lane. Called to see if they had it and they couldn't find it so I had to drive back to the store and look for it myself! Good news is I found it.
Even though I suddenly feel VERY pregnant I still don't feel ready. I am so anxious about labor which seems a little strange because I had such an easy experience with Leighton. I have been planning a beach vacation for our family of four for late September and I still can't believe I will have two kids. But then again, what could be better than having another little princess around the house?
Especially when they turn out this cute :)
I actually HAD Henry at 36 weeks 6 days! So that means at this time in my pregnancy I was holding a baby. I am sure she will be ready at 39 weeks! Can't wait to see the sweet girl.
ReplyDelete