-Leighton had her first sick day from school on Tuesday. She woke up Sunday morning with nasal congestion and it was much worse Monday. By the afternoon she was crying nonstop and telling me her ear was hurting :( I took her to the doctor and he said she had a sinus infection and sent us home with antibiotics. This was the first time she has been sick and has been able to tell us what was hurting her. Growing up fast!
-Gracen broke out in a horrible rash on Saturday morning. Seriously, it was the worst rash I have ever seen and covered her entire body, very alarming for a mama! I took her to the doctor and he seemed to think it was just eczema but as the day wore on it really started to look like she was having an allergic reaction to something (small pin point rash blaring red all over her body). We gave her benadryl and kept her body covered in Eucerin balm. By Tuesday, it was completely gone. I'm pretty sure it wasn't eczema and if our doctor had seen it later in the day I think he would have agreed. I started an antibiotic on Friday so it could have been a reaction to that or also to peanut butter that I had on Thursday and Friday. It really freaked me out. We go to the doctor on Friday for her well baby visit so I hope he may have some more insight as to what may have happened! For now, I am laying off of dairy and peanut butter (just in case) and am just happy it is gone!!
-We left the girls and headed to Morehead for a wedding on Saturday night. The wedding was adorable (their dog was the ring bearer, so cute) and time alone with Toby was equally as great! I pumped enough milk to last until 8 am so my mom was able to wake up with Gracen in the night and I was able to get 7 uninterrupted hours of sleep. It was amazing. I love my mama!
-Leighton and Gracen had a visit from Great-Grandmom on Sunday. She came to Lexington to meet Gracen for the first time and love on Leighton. She thought Gracen was tiny, which is funny to hear because Toby and I think she is so big :)
Nana and Granddad also came and we were happy to have them visit, even if it was short.
-Leighton was very busy during the vist, she learned how to peddle her tricycle at Grammy's this weekend and didn't want to do much else. Her feet are still a little too short to reach the peddles on her tricycle at home but Grammy's is a little smaller and she was peddling like a pro in no time. She was very proud of herself!
-The girls wore matching outfits and I was a very happy mama :) This is a perk to having two girls so close in age.
I have matching outfits for them to wear everyday of our vacation coming up at the end of the month. So excited :)
Another great but busy weekend for the Blondie Bunch :) We are looking forward to relaxing this weekend at home with nothing on our agenda. Well actually we have a LOT we could do around the
Mandy, I love reading your blogs and wish I had time to do some too. But working full time and raising two highly energetic boy its virtually impossible that i will ever have time for a blog. LOL. Last night I was sitting there rocking my two boys and realized I hadn't seen a post from your blog in a few days on FB. I was like wow wonder what she is doing. Your blogs make me realize that I am not so crazy and there are other moms just like me busy with two kids. Love ya girl and thanks!
ReplyDeleteShay