Saturday, September 17, 2011

One month...

Gracen turned one month last Friday...I know I am a little behind with this post but I wanted to wait until after her well baby appointment :)

It's official, we grow em' big around here!

Measurements:
Height: 23 inches (97th percentile)
Weight: 11lbs 8oz (97th percentile)
Head: 38cm (75th percentile)


Eating:
We are still exclusively nursing and things are going great. Gracen is tongue-tied and we were warned early on that it could interfere with nursing. So far it hasn't been a problem at all and we are thankful that we don't have to do anything about it. I feed on-demand but it generally ends up being every 2-3 hours during the day and 3-4 hours at night. The girl loves to eat but unlike her older sister doesn't comfort nurse which is nice this time around.


Sleeping
She still sleeps most of the day but has started to wake up this past week and can sometimes stay up for an hour or longer. She sleeps most peaceful when being held and tightly swaddled. She's not a fan of her swing, nap nanny, bouncer or any other "baby" contraption but I am working on it everyday. Slowly but surely I hope she learns to love something other than my arms :) For now, I pretty much hold her 22 out of 24 hours a day. I. am. not. joking. At night, she sleeps in 3-4 hour stretches and nurses without waking up fully. There are some mornings (usually between 5 and 7am) where she is alert and isn't ready to fall back asleep after she eats.


Temperament
She is feisty with a capital F! Her little cry goes from a whimper to a full out wail in less than 5 seconds. Patience is not on her radar and when she wants something, she wants it NOW!!! She is easy to console when she is worked up and loves to be cuddled and loved on. We took her on her first walk in the double stroller and she fell asleep immediately, so I guess there is one baby contraption she likes. Looking forward to some long walks this fall :)


She is a noisy baby. She squeaks, moans, purrs and grunts all the time, even when she is sound asleep. Pretty sure she will be babbling in no time. She is a sweet baby and is content in my arms watching every move I make. I love it when I look down at her thinking she is asleep and find her staring at me with those big baby blues. Completely melts my heart.


Details
Even though she has proven to be a tad high maintenance (should I really have expected anything else from MY girls?!) she is still a very relaxed baby. She smiled at me for the first time yesterday and it was just the sweetest thang :) She has dimples but they only come out from time to time. Her hair is much lighter than it was but still a far cry from blonde. It seems to be thinner too but I can't tell if it is or if it's just coming in lighter. I love her hair SO much and really hope she doesn't lose it all! She still has her little birthmark one her right thigh and Leighton asks almost everyday, "What's dat mama??"


Leighton is still completely in love with her and it makes me so happy. Leighton is in the very busy toddler phase complete with numerous meltdowns a day so it is nice to not have to worry about jealousy on top of her toddler diva-ish ways :) I can't wait for them to be able to interact more and play together. I daydream about family vacations and summer trips to the pool and just all the fun they will have being best friends. They are so lucky!


Sister stats
So far Gracen is the bigger baby of the two. I totally didn't think it was possible to have a bigger baby than Leighton :) Maybe Gracen is the basketball player?

Here are Leighton's one month measurements:
Height: 22.25 inches (80th percentile)
Weight: 10lbs 2oz (90th percentile)

In all fairness, Gracen's appointment was technically at five weeks and not four like Leighton so it will be interesting to see how they "stack up" at the eight week appointment.


You can definitely tell they are sisters, I think, but that's about it :) Oh, how I love these two girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment