Sunday, October 16, 2011

Windy Pumpkin Patch Fun

Friday Toby and I took the girls out to a small pumpkin patch near our home. The sun was shining so without another thought I dressed the girls in matching Halloween outfits and sent us on our way. Oh how I love matching sister outfits :)


When we pulled up to the farm I noticed the wind looked like it was blowing the trees pretty hard. When we got out of the car I quickly realized it was apparently the windiest day EVER! Oops, maybe it wasn't the best day to go to a pumpkin patch :/ We were going to make the best of it though!


First we headed to the petting zoo and Leighton ran to look at the "baby fo fo's" (we have no idea why she calls horses "fo fo's" but she does).


She was a little hesitant at first but warmed up after a few minutes. It helped that this little guy's name was Oreo and we all know how Leighton feels about those ;)


The little goats were awfully cute and very eager to get some food!


I mean VERY eager. They loved Toby haha.


Farmer Leighton drives the tractor! She wouldn't do this when we first got there but I guess after you feed a crazy baby goat driving a fake tractor isn't so scary haha!


She wasn't a fan of what mama thought was a perfect photo op ;) She gave it a shot though.


Next up we headed to find the perfect pumpkin :) I decided to wait until next year to actually take her out to the patch to pick one because the wind was ridiculous. SERIOUSLY RIDICULOUS. I was excited to get inside away from it for a few minutes.


She ran to find a "baby pump-pump." You may notice a theme with little Leighton. Everything she loves is small or "baby." At least she's consistent :)


She spotted her other favorite thing in life...candy. Choosing the perfect piece of candy was even harder than finding the perfect baby pump-pump. This girl takes decisions very seriously just like Toby ;)


Leighton would've been fine with her three baby pump-pumps but I forced encouraged her to choose a big pumpkin. She found one and insisted on trying to carry it. That didn't work out so well!


After we found our goodies I let her climb the haystacks. I don't think these pictures capture how crazy the wind was but I do think they capture what a big girl she is now.


She wasn't going to let a little wind keep her from climbing to the top!



FINALLY she made it. Wahoo!


The littlest princess spent her time at the pumpkin patch being completely covered from the wind.


At least she got her afternoon nap on the go! Look how peaceful she was!


It's amazing what a difference a year makes (most overused term but seriously SO so true). Look at how my sweet girl grew in just one year.


When we got home I told Gracen all about the pumpkin patch. She couldn't believe she slept through all that fun. She's really excited for next year!


Our family trip ended up being quite a hit. Leighton loved putting her pump-pumps on the porch when we got home and she even took one with her to nap! Fun times like this, even so small, make me so excited for next year when both the girls can enjoy all the fun at the patch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment