Today was Leighton's last day of preschool...forever! The past three years spent at her preschool have been wonderful. She has made friends, had wonderful teachers and made so many special memories. I just can't believe it went by SO fast and that my little baby girl is heading to KINDERGARTEN in the fall. How is this even possible???
She was excited for her last day and sad too. She loves school, LOVES it and didn't want the year to end. She loves all of her friends and her teachers so much and she was sad to have to say goodbye to them for the summer. She was also very excited to wear this new super soft dress she got from Grammy haha.
Little Sis felt like she was missing out on something during the picture taking :) Little Miss has-to-do-everything-the-same had to jump in a picture too :) Hard to believe that this fall Leighton will be in kindergarten and Gracen will be starting 3 y.o. preschool. Love these girls!
I am so proud of all Leighton has accomplished this year. She knows all of her upper and lowercase letters and can write them all from memory. She is constantly asking me how to spell things so she can write them down in her "diary" haha. She loves reading books and can recognize several words and phrases. She loves numbers and can do simple addition and subtraction and she LOVES to work on art. Her imagination has totally taken off this year and she is constantly making up stories and scenarios and playing pretend.
She was excited to take her teachers their summer gifts. We put ice cream gift cards in little ice cream dishes we got from pottery barn and she wrote them each a card. This girl REALLY loved her teachers this year.
As she walked out the door I couldn't help but get all teary thinking of just how fast she has grown up. She amazes me more and more every single year and I feel so blessed we found such a wonderful preschool to help her learn and grow over the past three years.
Her graduation ceremony is tomorrow morning and I hope I can keep it together ;) If not, I always have the pregnancy hormones to blame hehe. Can't wait to see my baby girl walk across the stage and graduate to the next chapter in her school life. I love that little girl SO!
AND just for fun, here's a trip down memory lane of her preschool years...Three years went by like that! I'm going to need the next 13 or so to slow down quite a bit!








No comments:
Post a Comment