Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Random Wednesday

Time for some random thoughts. Lazy blogging at it's best :)

1. Toby and I decided to take a break from American Idol this year (even though I love Jennifer Lopez on there) and try watching 'The Voice' instead. So far, I love it and am developing a crush on Adam Levine...This confuses me since I have always thought he was so annoying. Now I think he is so adorable. Leighton must agree since she pointed at Adam last night and told us "I like him!" My new love for him is somewhat embarrassing.

2. Also somewhat embarrassing is my love for Bruno Mars. I think he has the sweetest smile and I love all of his songs. Also apparently I am a 14 year old with my choices for celebrity crushes and song choices. Don't judge :)

3. Toby and I are leaving for a mini Vegas vacation in less than a month. When we booked the trip I thought I would be fine to leave the girls but now as the date approaches I am getting anxious :( Gracen will only be seven months. I wasn't away from Leighton for more than a few hours until she was 18 months old! I will miss my girls so much. Better win big to make up for it :)

4. Toby decided he wanted to get some beer pilsner glasses and I tried my best to convince him to get some monogrammed ones. He told me beer is not meant to be enjoyed from a monogrammed glass haha. So, I tried to get him to get the next best thing...UK :) I emailed a lady on Etsy who had etched SEC glasses and asked her if she could do UK. She wrote me back this weird message about having to take a box to the PO to see how much she would charge for shipping since she had never done it before. I was confused because she had shipping included on her listing. I ended up writing her back eventually and thanking her for responding but that Toby had ordered some others instead (Sam Adams...his choice lol). She told me sorry for her inexperience in shipping international. It finally dawned on me she thought UK was the UNITED KINGDOM. When I explained I wanted UK as in UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY we had a good laugh :)

5. I don't want to jinx anything BUT Gracen has been sleeping through the night for almost two weeks. Last night she slept from 7:30 p.m. until 8:30 a.m. I am really loving this! Go Gracen girl :)

6. Leighton is obsessed with the movie 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.' She wants to watch it ALL DAY LONG. When she's not watching it she is asking about when she will get to watch it. It is driving me crazy! The other day we were at the mall looking at the fountains and she said, "Don't worry Mama I don't fall in like on my Oompa show! I be careful." It finally dawned on me that she was talking about the part in the movie where Augustus falls into the chocolate river. The kid is crazy, the movie must always be on her mind. She has a love for the Oompa Loompas like I have never seen before. She has asked me to go to the store and get her one. "Pease Mama, I weally WEALLY want one of dose!" She has both the original version and the Johnny Depp remake. She seems to enjoy both equally.

7. I'm very proud to have convinced Toby to eat (and like) broccoli on two occasions in the last week. The first was from this recipe I found on pinterest and the second time was when I baked them to go with our mini meatloaves :) I used a muffin pan so I didn't have to dirty two pans and thought it was pretty clever. Hooray for originality and not using pinterest (for once anyway hehe).

8. I did find Leighton's Valentine's for her classmates on pinterest. I had her color them to add a personal touch and thought they turned out pretty cute. I love how pinterest makes creative ideas so easy to do but have to admit I always wish I had come up with the ideas on my own.
She made her Daddy and me jealous all day by insisting her teacher Ms. Trish (who she LOVES) was her Valentine and not Mama or Daddy. That little stinker :)

9. Leighton has such a funny personality. She shrugs her shoulders all the time and does this little shake with her head when she's agreeing with something and it is SO cute. At the mall a little old man commented that her bow was pretty and she started with the head shake and said, "yeah, I know it's cute!" The man and his wife were dying laughing at her. You just have to see her do it. She is so serious like she is really thinking about what you are saying and totally agrees with it. It's my favorite thing she does lately. R.o.t.t.e.n.
Toby has a UK poster hanging in his closet and Leighton was in there with me putting some things away last night and she pointed to a picture of Coach Cal (John Calipari) and asked who he was. I told her it was Coach Cal and he was the coach of UK. She did her big head shake and said, "Oh yeah, he's CUTE!" Go CATS :)

10. Leighton has been saying she wants (insert item of choice) and she wants it "RIGHT NOW!" Of course I want to laugh because it is a little funny but I have to stick my ground and tell her that is NOT a nice way to ask for something from Mama & Daddy. I think I am beginning to understand why people say three can be a more challenging age than two. Sassiness + Vocabularly = oh my goodness. It is also just now dawning on me that Veruca in 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' asks for everything "RIGHT NOW!" Looks like someone needs to be limited with that movie. Such a little sponge ;)

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment